Wednesday 1st February comments: Welcome to February and today marks the day you can start booking trips for the Isle of May for the new season. The boat times and dates of sailing for the entire season are now available and if you’ve never been, its well worth a visit.
The island opens its doors on 1st April and this hidden gem has so much to offer including:
- up to three hours on the impressive island
- stunning walks and views across the Firth of Forth
- no entry charge (apart from the cost of the boat fare)
- see spectacular wildlife including 46,200 pairs of Puffins (never mind all the other seabirds and seals which nest on the island)
- and room to escape everyone so it feels like it just you and nature
The Isle of May is accessible from both sides of the Forth with links to the various boat companies shown below. So don’t delay book today!
May Princess (sails from Anstruther) http://www.isleofmayferry.com/
Osprey Rib (sails from Anstruther) http://www.isleofmayboattrips.co.uk/
Seabird Rib (sails from North Berwick) https://www.seabird.org/visit/boats/isle-of-may-landings/10/22/159